Step-by-Step First Time Testing Guide
We recommend that for your first time testing with us that you pick up one of our Sensible Cannabis Sample Collection Kits from any of our dropbox locations. These Collection Kits are free and easy to use.
Each Sensible Cannabis Sample Collection Kit includes the following:
- 1 Testing Information Sheet and Order Form
- 3 Liquid Collection Vials
- 3 Solids Collection Bags
- 5 Unique STN Numbers
Avoid directly handling your sample as much as possible, as bacteria and other microbes from hands can contaminate samples and alter test results.
1. Begin by weighing out your sample. Depending on the kind of sample you are submitting and how many tests you need, the amount to submit will vary. Use the chart below to determine how much of a sample you will need.
SPECIAL NOTES: If you are testing an edible, please include a sample of the product that is known to not contain cannabinoids so the lab can appropriately calibrate your tests. Pesticide screenings require 1 gram of sample material.
2. Package your sample into an appropriate sealable container. If using a Collection Kit, there will be containers for 3 flower/edible samples and 3 concentrate/tincture samples. You may provide your own containers for samples, so long as they are able to be fully sealed and are disposable.
3. Place an STN number from the collection kit directly onto each of your samples’ packages. If you are not using a Collection Kit, or if you are submitting more than five samples, please clearly label the name of your samples on the packages instead, as STN numbers will be issued to your samples once they are received.
Completing the Order Form
1. Complete all contact information at the top of the form. Make sure your email address is correct as all confirmations and results will be sent to you via email.
2. For each sample you are submitting, record the STN number (if applicable), the name of the sample, and what type of sample it is: Flower(F), Concentrate(C), Tincture(T), Edible(E), or Capsule (Cap). Please also include the date that you collected the sample for testing.
3. Select which tests you would like completed for each sample and if you’d like labels printed with the results. If you are unsure of what tests you need, you may consult our testing information page or contact the office directly.
4. Record your total and payment method. If you are a first time customer we request that you pay via check or cash. Returning customers may circle invoice on the order form to pay online with a credit card. See below for a completed order form example.
Sample Drop Off
1. Place the order form, payment, and your individually packaged samples together into the Collection Kit. If you are not using a Collection Kit, please instead keep these items together in either a gallon ziplock bag, a small box, or something similar so that nothing is lost.
2. Decide which drop box location you would like to leave your sample at. Please be aware that all of our drop boxes look like this:
ONLY leave your samples in an official Sensible Testing Drop Box
3. Send us a notification by email or through our website of where and how many samples you have dropped off. To send a notification now, CLICK HERE.
Confirmation, Results and Labels
1. Once your sample has been picked up and is being processed, you will receive an email confirmation including the STN’s of your samples and the tests you have ordered.
2. Your test results will be sent to the email you provided as a pdf.
3. If you have ordered labels, an additional email with instructions will be sent to you. All labels for samples are printed after the lab has completed testing.